Missed part 1? Click here!
Before Neighbor, he cut his teeth and built great ‘career capital’ at Nu Skin, as a PR Manager that managed global reputation results.
Back to Neighbor: over the course of 4 years Neighbor has achieved rapid-scale growth: commercial square footage on its platform grew nearly 25x, they received series B funding of $53 million, and expanded nationally to nearly every major city in the US.
Finally, Neighbor has been named a “World Changing Idea” by Fast Company & was a finalist in Eric Schmidt’s “American Dream Ideas” challenge, as a company improving middle-class income. Disrupting the $40B storage industry while creating passive income for Americans is no small feat, but Neighbor is doing it & doing it WELL.
This conversation was very educational!
We dive deep into…how peer-to-peer storage is a key contributor to the rise of a “different work-from-home”, the unique PR storytelling perspective of Neighbor, unlocking new sources of “Supply”, and the low cost barrier that unlocks storage for almost every American.
This episode is particularly valuable for FOUNDERS early in their journey who are curious to hear WHY you would consider PR to grow & engage a customer base, or entrepreneurs with an ambition to launch a highly disruptive marketplace and where to start.
Have a hoot with this one!
You can like & subscribe if you like to, but ultimately we’d PREFER to hear your thoughts: so tell us what you think of the episode & leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Does the low cost barrier add to the acceleration of the marketplace? [1:17]
- Are you thinking about press & PR on BOTH sides of the marketplace? [3:48]
- What’s the “why” behind the choice to go the organic, PR route of growing the marketplace? [6:17]
- So getting consumers comfortable with peer-to-peer storage, a conscious choice? [8:27]
- What role does PR play in creating a flywheel? [9:57]
- So you all are in all 50 states? [12:57]
- How going with a strategy of PR is a stronger foundation [14:09]
- When supply & demand are inter-changeable, it’s a lever for network effects [15:36]
- Is there 1 side of the marketplace that you’re more focused on right now? [17:51]
- What’s the origin story? What came 1st, the Demand (users) or the Supply (hosts)? [19:58]
- How Neighbor unlocked new supply [23:36]
- Rapid mayhem questions! [24:30]
- Where can we find you? Any asks of the audience [29:56]
Links from Episode
- Connect with Casey: LinkedIn |Twitter | Website
- Nu Skin
- What awareness marketing is
- What 3rd party credibility is
- What social media marketing is
- What the PESO model is
- Platform Scale by Sangeet Choudary
- What virality is
- What network effects are
- 2021 Self-Storage Almanac
- Uber Eats
- Airless spray
What marketplace would YOU be? Comment below 🙏🏽